Sunday, June 30, 2013

Carrot Cake Scrambled Eggs

Do you know what American churches don't do enough in my opinion?

DANCE.

The kiddos get to dance. Why don't the adults dance too?

I was a counselor for my church's kid's camp and had a BLAST dancing to music which praised Jesus. It's incredibly natural. David danced. And it's in many of our contemporary worship music lyrics (which we often sing with stoic stances and expressionless faces on Sunday mornings).

I don't have much more to say about that :) So...dance for Jesus!

So I'm becoming a big fan of these "sweet scrambled eggs". Nothing like having your favorite desserts inspire a healthy breakfast. Delicious! This time, carrot cake was my inspiration. And I was quite pleased with the outcome.


Carrot Cake Scrambled Eggs

for one serving:
1 carrot, shredded
1 egg
1/4-1/2 banana (mashedish)
pinch cinnamon
1/8 tsp vanilla
1/8 c almonds (or walnuts, pecans, etc.)

Chop/blend the carrot and almonds significantly (I put this in a mini-food chopper, but it's not necessary). Then combine all ingredients (except frosting ingredients) and whisk together. Scramble as you would any eggs!

"frosting":
1/8 c greek yogurt (plain whole milk)
1 tsp brown sugar
vanilla

Stir together frosting ingredients and spoon onto warm eggs. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...