Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cookies and Cream Barley Pudding

I just wanted simple vanilla barley pudding. That's how it started.

I wanted to use up the barley I had cooked the day before. 

So I made some pudding. But it wasn't my intention to throw an "oreo" cookie into the mix. It just kind of...jumped in there when the vanilla didn't quite give it the flavor I was going for. So here it is: 

Uninvited, but certainly not unwelcome.

Cookies and Cream Barley Pudding

Ingredients for 1 serving:
1/2 c. cooked barley
~1/3 c. almond milk (enough to cover barley)
2 tbs cornstarch
1/4 tsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 crumbled oreo-type cookie (or 2!)

Combine barley and milk in a saucepan and heat thoroughly. Once it is warm, stir in cornstarch and coconut oil. Let simmer/cook until it reaches desired thickness (I simmered it for about 10 minutes). Once at desired thickness, remove from heat and add vanilla and crushed cookie pieces. Let it set for 5 minutes then serve it up or chill it to enjoy it cold!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...