Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blue-green Scrambled Eggs

I was listening to some "Christian" radio yesterday. I do most days. I'm not one of those people who thinks "Christian music" is the only music that should be listened to. (I'm even putting quotes around it, because the word Christian shouldn't be an adjective, in my opinion, it should be a noun, a person!)

But some of those songs have great lyrics. They are lyrics which really are worshiping the one true God for all that He does, has done, and will do. Not all of the songs, but a good amount of them.

I'm not sure what's worse though: singing along mindlessly to a song which praises and worships the King of Kings, or singing along mindlessly with a song which blatantly puts people down and includes degrading lies. Either way, you might be completely checked out.

Perhaps there is not a "worse" in this situation. Like most things, it might be two wrong areas that we don't want to be in. One side of the spectrum is a bad idea, and the other side is also bad!

It would be good to try to be somewhere...in the middle. Listening to either, but making sure that I don't sing along unless I mean it, and making sure that if I mean it, it is good stuff to be saying.

Hopefully that made sense.

Again...no transition...



Blue green is actually a main color in a lot of languages. Some languages only have 3 color words, or 4. And actually blue-green is kind of common. So these eggs would definitely be describable in most languages of the world. Fun stuff.

Super easy recipe coming up here...

Bleen (blue-green) Eggs

Ingredients (for one or two servings)
1/3 c of slightly thawed frozen blueberries
2 eggs
2 tbs of mashed banana
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla

Scramble eggs and mashed banana. Add remaining ingredients. Then cook in frying pan as you would any normal scrambled eggs. Woot woot! Done.

Enjoy!

Notes:
-as you can tell from the pictures, I put some blueberry jam on toast and enjoyed the combination.
-I might recommend a little sugar if you like it sweeter (that's why I had it with jam). I'm sure it'd be great with a little powdered sugar sprinkled on top!
-I thought these eggs were going to be green...like the Dr. Suess story. Pfft. Sillyness. If you're looking for a natural way to make green eggs to go with your ham (without adding food coloring) try adding just 1 or 2 blueberries...or pureeing them and adding a tsp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...