Friday, July 5, 2013

White Chocolate Raspberry Pasta

Well I didn't mean to make homemade pasta. Originally I was trying to make...something else. But alas, it turned out pasta-like and I had some scraps and decided to boil them up.

It turned out pretty good! Accidental outcomes are fun.





So this pasta is...REALLY basic. Like, so easy, so simple. If you have access to flour and water, you can make it. So, that's a plus. Of course, that makes it less exciting (taste-wise). Except that it's homemade pasta. And maybe you're really not in the mood to go to the grocery store today (or you've already been a couple times!) and you just really want pasta. No fear, this pasta is ready in about 40 minutes. Most of that isn't even hard work.

It may not be necessary to take every step I did, because I was making the dough for something else. But I'm going to describe it how I did it.

This would serve 1 as a main dish, and perhaps 2 as a side (or a dessert as I made it)

White Chocolate Raspberry Pasta

Pasta:
1/3 c. flour
2-3 tbs of water
*optional: pinch of salt

Topping:
white chocolate chips (avoid the trans-fatty ones! I like Ghirardelli)
raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)

Combine flour and water until it forms a dough. Then cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20-30 minutes.

Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.

After dough has rested, roll dough on a floured surface. It should be really thin in order for it to cook quickly!! There are lots of methods for cutting it, but I just sliced it with a nice big knife. (I've seen some fancy folding methods which look nice, but I didn't care if mine was a consistent size.)

Then throw the pasta in the boiling water and watch in fascination if you've never made homemade pasta before. Cook for about 5 minutes (or just taste-test them periodically as I did).

Strain pasta and top with white chocolate chips and raspberries. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...