Monday, May 27, 2013

Avocado Chocolate Cherry Pudding

Last night I watched Avengers with my family. It's the second time I've watched it, but I've basically always been into superheroes. They're great, aren't they? In fact, I wrote a post about them at an older blog of mine, which I used as a bit of a journal rather than a food blog. They're awesome. And I believe we're made with a desire for a particular Superhero to save us.

Also, we do have some super pudding here.



Now, I'm not usually a fan of pudding. I think it's a weird texture, loaded with sugar, and I don't really trust it. But this I can handle! Because I know exactly what went into it. Banana, chocolate, cherries, avocado...some of my favorite things! And it was plenty sweet without added sugar! I love that :)

It's super. 
And super easy.


Black Widow Chocolate Cherry Pudding

Makes 1 Serving (approx. 400 calories)

Ingredients:
-1/2 banana
-1/2 avocado
-1 tsp cocoa powder
-1 tbsp chocolate protein powder (I used vegan Shakeology chocolate powder)
-1/2 cup milk
-1-3 ice cubes
-3/4 cup pitted sweet cherries
-1/4 cup gently crushed flake cereal

Directions:
Put everything in blender,  apart from some of the cherries and the cereal (I saved most of them, blending only 2 or 3).  Then pour into a bowl. It makes quite a bit, so make sure your bowl isn't too tiny. Top with crushed cereal and cherries. Sprinkle with more cocoa powder if desired. Enjoy!

Notes:
-This would probably be DELICIOUS frozen. I might try it sometime.
-If you want it to be colder or don't want to use ice, make sure that your banana, cherries, and avocado are all refridgerator-cold to start with. A frozen banana might be good for this.



I just added this to the "about me" section, but I want to mention that I've given up on food photography. There are many reasons. First, it's difficult and expensive, but mostly time-consuming. I appreciate the efforts that people put into food photography, but it's starting to creep me out. It's just food. It's meant to be eaten.
I know we want to take it in and remember it forever, but it sounds a bit gluttonous to me. That's why I'm not going to spend my time trying to get perfect pictures. I'll upload pictures so you can get an idea of what my recipes turn out like, but I'm not interested in you simply "gawking" at my food pictures.
My advice: 
Take a glance at my photos so you can get an idea of how to make the recipe in your own creative way, but don't stare longingly at them. I'll help you out here--they won't be that pretty.
Make your own pretty food. Enjoy it, share it, then eat it and move on with life. I believe we'll all be better off this way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...