Monday, July 8, 2013

Overnight Lasagna Oats

I'm a pretty prideful person. It's a terrible thing. My pride invades every aspect of my life. My conversations, my attitude, my relationships, and even my cooking. So sometimes I think I'm an such an awesome cook and whatever I make will turn out just how I want it to. But I pretty sure that's the case for anyone...getting it right every single time?

I mean, God has really blessed me with a lot of small talents. I'm no rockstar at any one thing, but He's given me the ability to be pretty good at many different things. (Often, I think I'd rather be really great at one thing and be terrible at everything else, but that would probably not be awesome all the time either.)

So I need to be grateful for what I've been given, while not getting cocky about it. Life is a balance. On our own, all we can do is swing back and forth between two bad lifestyles.

For example: cocky or insecure. And sometimes we manage to be both cocky and insecure! It's crazy what terrible things we can come up with on our own. Thankfully, Jesus can help us balance. With Him, at least once and a while (or hopefully more often) I can be humble and grateful. And that's something I'm thankful for!

I don't post my mistakes...most of the time. I mean, sometimes I do cook something that is super tasty.

This one may sound like it, but no--this one was NOT a failure. It was deliciousness. In a bowl.


Overnight Lasagna Oats

For one serving:
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
milk/water (enough to cover the oats)
baby spinach
1-2 tbs ricotta
2-3 tbs pasta/marinara sauce
pepper
sprinkle of parmesan 
*optional: basil, precooked chicken or beef, or whatever else you put in your lasagna!

Some of these ingredients don't have amounts. It's basically up to what sounds good to you. I layered all of these things in the order that they are listed into a microwave dish and then left it in the fridge overnight. You could have it cold the next day (if you're into the cold lasagna flavor) or you could warm it up in the microwave for about a minute, like I did!

Note:
I didn't stir it together at allso it maintained a more lasagna-like feel, but I'm sure it'd be good mixed up too--and it would probably cook more evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...