Tuesday, May 21, 2013

PB&J Scramble

So last night I was on a wild goose chase with my mother and sister trying to find some bridesmaid dresses. My sister is getting married.

She's not the most decisive person. Although, neither am I. I'm just indecisive...differently.

We didn't find anything, thus the "wild goose chase".

Is it just us, or do all bridal store bridesmaids dresses look the same? Perhaps we're just too picky.

Despite the disappointment from not finding any good options, the night ended in a pretty exciting way! It was stormy. I was in the backseat as we were driving back home (the best place to take pictures from of course...), and I was camera-happy. The sky was so neat! (photo at the end of the post)

So we got back kind of late but when I woke up this morning, I was pretty hungry, and I wanted to try something new! So I thought perhaps a PB&J scramble! Basically every food group in a nice little bowl of yum! (Except veggies...maybe I'll work those in someday.)

Look! A much better picture compared to the malva pudding! It's good to have a real camera.
Yes, those are scrambled eggs. And strawberries. On top of oatmeal...nut butter oatmeal! Have I warned you about my experimental cooking yet?

Anyway, I've only tried sweet scrambled eggs a couple of times now, and I'm still getting used to them a bit. I'll warn you...they're kind of "squishier" than regular eggs. But pretty tasty if you aren't expecting the same exact texture!

The strawberry chunks in this were perfect! I wasn't sure if they'd be a good addition, but I don't regret it a bit.

Anyway, if you're craving a delicious and healthy bowl of warm PB&J for breakfast, this is definitely something I would recommend!

PB&J Scramble

PB Oatmeal
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup milk and/or water (I use a combo)
1 tbs nut butter
pinch of salt (omit if nut butter is salted)

J Scrambled Eggs
1 egg
1/2 very ripe mashed banana
1/3 cup frozen strawberry slices

Optional: If you find it's not sweet enough for you, I think honey would be a great addition, but didn't try it myself.

Directions
Heat frying pan/skillet on medium heat. Add small amount of oil or cooking spray.

Combine and cook the oats, milk, and salt in microwave for about 2 minutes. (Make sure the oatmeal doesn't overflow by using at least a 2 cup microwavable bowl.) Leave in microwave until ready with eggs.

Beat mashed banana with egg. When skillet is hot, pour mixture into pan. If strawberries are frozen, add them now. If not, wait about a minute. Scramble mixture as you would scrambled eggs. They will not become as hard or brown, so they will be done once you can't see any uncooked egg. Remove from heat.

Add nut butter to oatmeal. Stir well. 

Pour oatmeal into a bowl and top with scrambled eggs. If adding honey, drizzle on top. 

And enjoy!


Here's the pretty picture! A partial rainbow! And the sunset was on the other side of the sky. I didn't get many good pictures of that, unfortunately.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...