Friday, May 31, 2013

Strawberry Cupcake with Lemon Poppy Seed Frosting

Hahahaha. I'll tell you a secret. The microwave can make instant baked goods. For one person!

(Imagine the laughter above as being slightly mischievous)

This was so fun to make because it took less than 5 minutes. It didn't make a lot of messy dishes, I didn't have to wait on the oven, and there's LEMON. I believe I mentioned (yesterday) how much I enjoy lemon.

So I know the microwave thing is likely not so much of a "secret" to you at this point in your life.

I mean there's mug cakes, mug cookies, etc.

And I know this is nothing I made up. But today, I really enjoyed it. Mainly because I've tried this with cookies before and totally failed. They (the ones that didn't burn) tasted like...dry biscuits. No thanks.

But this is a winner! Also, I know I already mentioned this, but there's LEMON. Mmm.

This is the cupcake all dressed up with lemon poppy seed stuff (or schtuff as my mother would say).

And here's the cupcake before I added any frosting or anything






Looking plain. Perhaps a bit sad.

Healthy Strawberry Cupcake/Muffin

(recipe inspired by/adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie)

Ingredients for one muffin:
2 1/2 tbs flour (I used white/ww combo)
2 tbs milk
1 tbs chopped (~1 whole) strawberries
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbs mashed banana (or oil, applesauce, etc.)
(a small amount of sugar(1-2 tsp) would probably be appreciated by most people)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients. Pour into ramekin or small microwavable dish (grease this first). Microwave for 45-60 seconds, depending on your microwave. Let cool.
Mix a 1/4 tsp of milk with about 1-2 tbs of yesterday's lemon poppy seed dip and use it as frosting for this delicious...cuffin. Muffcake? 
Then eat it!

By the way, what's the difference between a cupcake and a muffin? Is a cupcake simply a muffin that is frosted? 
Either way, this muffcake is definitely healthy enough for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...